The President of India Today appointed Justice Ravi Shankar Jha of the Madhya Pradesh High court as Chief Justice of Punjab & Haryana High Court with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office. available information suggests he could be administrated oath by the Governor on Saturday. Born on October 14, 1961, Justice Jha was enrolled as advocate on September 20, 1986. He practiced on civil, revenue constitutional sides in the Madhya Pradesh High Court at Jabalpur before his elevation to the HC as permanent judge on February 2, 200 7.
The President, after consultation with the CJI, also transferred Justice Puligoru Venkata Sanjay Kumar, a Judge of the Telangana HC, to the Punjab and Haryana HC. He has been asked to assume charge by October 17.
OTHER JUDICIAL APPOINTMENTS
- Justice LN Swamy as Chief Justice of HP High Court.
- Justice Ajai Lamba as Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court.
- Justice Indrajit Mahanty as Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court.
- Justice A Mani Kumar as Chief Justice of Kerala High Court.
- Justice JK Maheshwari as Chief Justice of Andhra High Court.
- Justice AK Goswami as Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court.